To create a Dual Map enter your settings below and click 'Create'.
Copy and paste the generated script into your web page.
Dual Maps 6 replaces Dual Maps 5 as the standard version.
Version 6 uses the Google Maps API for all content. This change is because the v6.3 Bing Maps API will be retired on November 2016.
The Bing API was used in Dual Maps 5 to provide the birds eye imagery.
The new version 8 Bing API will not be used for now as it does not yet include bird's eye imagery and also free use is limited.
Since the Google Maps API does now offer birds eye imagery this is used to provide the birds eye component of Dual Maps. The Google birds eye coverage is not yet as extensive as Bing's coverage, however coverage is being expanded over time.
Version 6 includes these new features:
• An address search box with autocomplete can be used to easily find a named location or address.
• A geolocation button can display your current location.
• The pegman direction is displayed on the birds eye map.
• The information panel is now (optionally) displayed in a smaller panel beneath the maps.
• The place marker on either the main map or the birds eye map can be dragged and dropped to a new location.
• The street view source can specify whether to use only official Google Street View outdoor imagery, or to also use User created indoor and outdoor imagery.
• Reverse geocoding is used to display the current marker address.
• Adverts can be hidden by clicking the 'hide ad' button which appears 30 seconds after the map loads.
• (Not currently available) Support for French and Spanish are now available. Please contact us if you would like to assist with translating Dual Maps into other languages.
See the Dual Maps Reference (below) for more information about each setting.
Copy and paste the HTML script below into your web page
To display a Dual Map with automatic streetview (the pegman will point towards the place marker) :
Omit the following parameters from the URL: slat, slng, sh, sp, sz
Note that the automatic streetview displayed is not always the nearest available streetview.
This is a limitation of the Google Maps API.
You can sometimes find a better street view by manually selecting the pegman location and heading.
7th October, 2016: Version 6.01 is now the default version of Dual Maps ahead of the retirement of the Bing Maps API which v5 uses.
Version 5 is still available here for reference purposes.
Maps you are currently using will automatically upgrade to v6 so no action is required.
4th August, 2016: Version 6.01. Using the Google Maps API to display all map imagery, plus additional features.
3rd November, 2015: Version 5.01. Secure hosting is now available as an option.
26th March, 2013: Version 5. The Dual Maps code has been fully rewritten to use the current Google Maps v3 API.
7th November, 2011. Project moved to www.dualmaps.com as version 4.
2nd October, 2011. Improvement to the map loading process.
28th May, 2011: Version 3.03.
April, 2011: Version 3.02.
May, 2010: Version 3.01.
April, 2009: Version 3.0.
26th March, 2008: Version 2.
12th March, 2008: Version 1.